Protecting Seniors Against Financial Fraud
In New York, Financial Fraud against seniors is a serious problem and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand plans to crack down on scams and loopholes that have cost NY Seniors over $180 million. Her plan will consist of the following:
1. Increase Penalties for People who Commit Fraud Against Seniors
2. Crack Down on “Senior Advisor” Scams
3. Protect Social Security and Veterans Benefits from Debt Collectors
4. Stop Abusive Mail, Telemarketing and Internet Fraud Against Seniors
5. Workshops on Financial Literacy to Empower and Protect More Seniors
Read the full story with details here: Protecting Seniors Against Financial Fraud.