Stop Unfair Debt Collection Practices in Wyoming
Kimmel & Silverman helps Wyoming residents stop debt collection calls and can even get you money for damages.
Wyoming Debt Collection Laws
Wyoming uses the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) to protect consumers from abusive practices by debt collectors. The FDCPA allows us to help you take action against debt collector harassment and similar unlawful activity.
How does the FDCPA protect Wyoming citizens?
The FDCPA prohibits third-party debt collectors from the following behavior:
- Abusive language or threats.
- Phone calls before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm.
- Contacting an employer about a consumer's debt if they know it is prohibited by the employer.
- Posing as a government agency or organization when they are not.
- Calling a consumer if they know they are being represented by an attorney.
Get FREE Legal Help in Wyoming
Our dedicated FDCPA attorneys have helped many Wyoming residents stop abusive debt collector calls. We use federal laws to put an end to the abuse and give you peace of mind.
For more information about fair debt collection laws in Wyoming, contact us.