Stop Unfair Debt Collectors in Tennessee
Kimmel & Silverman stops abusive debt collection calls and help consumers be free of illegal harassment.
Tennessee State Collection Laws
In Tennessee, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) stops debt collectors from using abusive practices when calling consumers. Tennessee expands these protections by requiring debt collectors to be licensed and regulated by the state.
Protection for Tennessee Residents Under the FDCPA
The FDCPA protects all Americans, including Tennessee citizens. This law helps us stop illegal collection actions against you, such as:
- The use of violent or abusive language.
- Threats against a person or property.
- Frequent phone calls before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm.
- Contacting a third party about a consumer's debt.
- Posing as a government agency or organization.
- Calling a consumer if they know they are being represented by an attorney.
Get FREE Legal Help in Tennessee
Our dedicated FDCPA attorneys have helped thousands of Tennessee residents stop abusive debt collector practices. We use Tennessee state laws in conjunction with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to stop the abusive and get you compensation.
For more information about fair debt collection laws in Tennessee, contact us.