Stop Debt Collector Harassment in Pennsylvania
Kimmel & Silverman provides cost-free legal help to Pennsylvania consumers who have been threatened and/or mistreated by debt collectors. Our attorneys stop collection calls, end abusive debt collection practices, and get you compensated for damages – up to $1,000.
What is the "Pennsylvania Debt Collection Law?"
In Pennsylvania, state debt collection laws mirror the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The FDCPA is in place to protect consumers against unlawful debt collection tactics, including threats, lies, and harassment.
For PA residents, additional protections are offered under the Pennsylvania State debt collection law that are not covered by the federal law. Pennsylvania expands on the federal FDCPA to defend consumers against abusive practices by third-party collectors and original creditors.
FDCPA Guidelines in Pennsylvania
Because Pennsylvania State debt collection law is similar to the federal FDCPA, unfair and abusive debt collection practices are completely prohibited.
In Pennsylvania, debt collectors cannot contact you:
- Before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm without your consent.
- Frequently and/or to the point of harassment.
- At work, if the debt collector is aware your employer does not allow such contact.
- When they are aware you are represented by an attorney.
- After you have told them to stop contacting you.
Additionally, when contacting consumers in the state of Pennsylvania, debt collectors may not:
- Threaten to harm you or confiscate your personal property.
- Speak to you using profane, vulgar, or obscene language.
- Make false statements to influence you to pay.
- Fail to identify as a debt collector in every communication.
Get FREE legal help in Pennsylvania
When your FDCPA rights have been violated, the time to take action is NOW. If you have been harassed, threatened, abused, or lied to by any debt collector within the last year, contact our legal team immediately.
Representation is completely cost-free when you work with our attorneys on your claim, with absolutely no risk to you, win or lose. Over the years, we have successfully represented thousands of clients in Pennsylvania who have been tormented by unlawful debt collection tactics.
Contact us at 1-800-668-3247 for FREE legal help in Pennsylvania to stop those unwanted debt collection calls.