Stop Collection Calls in Michigan
Kimmel & Silverman provide free legal services to victims of debt collector harassment in Michigan.
Michigan Collection Practices Laws
Michigan state law extends the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) to include protections against abusive practices by not only third party collectors, but by original creditors. It also details additional behaviors that are prohibited beyond those covered in the FDCPA.
Michigan FDCPA Guidelines
The FDCPA in Michigan can stop debt collectors from abusing consumers. Some of the acts that are prohibited include:
- Use of abusive language or threats of any kind
- Making frequent phone calls at inconvenient hours
- Contacting a friend or family member about a consumer's debt
- Lying about any information regarding the debt
- Calling a consumer if they know they are being represented by an attorney
Get FREE Legal Help in Michigan
Our expert team of FDCPA lawyers has helped thousands of Michigan residents stop unfair debt collection practices.
For more information about fair debt collection laws in Michigan, contact us.