Stop Debt Collection Calls in New York
Stop debt collector harassment and abuse in New York when you call Kimmel & Silverman.
New York Fair Debt Collection Laws
New York state law expands the protections provided to consumers by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). In New York, the FDCPA covers stop debt collector harassment and state laws extend that to include original creditors as well.
How the FDCPA Works for New York Residents
Residents of New York state are protected under the FDCPA. This law protects consumers from illegal collection actions that include:
- The use of profanity, violence, or threats when communicating with a consumer
- Making frequent phone calls at unusual or inconvenient times
- Contacting consumers at work if they have been told it is not allowed by the employer
- Making false statements to influence a consumer to pay
- Calling a consumer if they know they are being represented by an attorney
Get FREE Legal Help in New York
Our successful team of FDCPA attorneys has stopped harassing phone calls for thousands of New York residents. We use New York state laws in conjunction with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to help you.
For more information about fair debt collection laws in New York, contact us.