Stop Allied Interstate Collection Calls
Allied Interstate is a debt collector hired by companies to collect over due bills. If you have experienced harassment of any kind or have received phone calls at home or work from Allied Interstate, you can get free help immediately.
While not required to pursue an FDCPA claim, we recommend that clients keep detailed, written records of all communications with Allied. This includes the originating phone number, time of day, what was said, and the name of the representative who called. Debt collection harassment is an injustice, but you can do something about it.
Know your rights under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA).
Under this federal law, a debt collector cannot:
- Call you repeatedly
- Use obscene, profane, or abusive language
- Call before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm
- Call at times the collector knew or should know are inconvenient
- Threaten to sue or threaten action they cannot or will not take
About Allied Interstate
Allied has been charged by the Attorney General for:
- Harassing consumers for debts they are not responsible for
- Repeatedly calling and hanging up when someone answered the phone
- Revealing alleged debts to third parties without permission to do so
- Threatening legal action the company which hired them was not authorized to take
- Using obscene or profane language
Allied Interstate has failed to respond to numerous complaints received by the Better Business Bureau from consumers and has failed to respond to the underlying causes that gave rise to those complaints, revealing what appears to be a pattern of issues. Because of these practices, the BBB has given Allied Interstate (or iQor, Inc.) an F rating (on a scale from A+ to F).
According to the company website, Allied Interstate pledges to resolve issues fairly and with dignity, without harassment or abuse. However, from our experience, Allied is unlikely to meet these goals unless we use the FDCPA to stop them.
If you feel Allied Interstate has violated your rights in anyway, contact us for free legal help.