Stop Legal Prevention Services Collection Calls
If collectors from Legal Prevention Services won't stop calling, we can help. Not only will we stop unwanted phone calls – we'll also help you pursue legal damages under the FDCPA for FREE, getting you up to $1,000!
How the FDCPA Protects Consumers from Legal Prevention Services Collection Calls
Under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, debt collectors are required to follow proper procedures when contacting consumers about an alleged debt. Under the FDCPA, collectors may not abuse, threaten, or harass consumers.
When collectors like Legal Prevention Services violate these rights, consumers can be left feeling embarrassed, violated, and even threatened. Abusive and harassing debt collection tactics are considered unlawful under the FDCPA.
The FDCPA prohibits Legal Prevention Services from:
- Harassing you by calling repeatedly or calling you after you have told them to stop.
- Discussing your debt with friends, co-workers, and even family members.
- Calling you at inconvenient places.
- Calling you at inconvenient hours (before 8:00 am, after 9:00 pm).
- Lying to you, using obscene language, and/or verbally abusing you.
- Collecting old debt that is beyond the statute of limitations, unless you are told.
- Threatening to harm you and/or seize your paycheck, bank accounts, or property.
- Failing to let you know that they are a collector and that the info you provide them will be used to collect the debt.
Debt collectors cannot call you at all once you have notified them that you are represented by an attorney. Additionally, when asked, collectors are obligated to provide you with the amount of the debt and the name of the creditor. Debt collectors are also required to send you a verification letter validating the debt within five days of first contacting you.
If you are receiving communications that violate any of the above conditions, legal representation is 100% cost-free under the FDCPA. Contact our law firm today, so we can help you stop unwanted debt collection calls permanently.
Call 1-800-NOT-FAIR (1-800-668-3247) to stop Legal Prevention Services collection calls today.
Who is Legal Prevention Services?
Legal Prevention Services, LLC (a.k.a. LPS) is a nationally licensed, full-service collections agency based in Aurora, NY. Although LPS states on its website that it is dedicated to treating debtors "fairly and respectfully," this is not always the case, as evidenced by multiple consumer complaints and recent FDCPA violations.
Alleged Legal Prevention Services Phone Numbers
Collection agencies such as Legal Prevention Services tend to use multiple phone numbers when calling consumers to make them more difficult to identify as a debt collector. If you received a call from any of the following numbers, that call may have been from Legal Prevention Services.
Legal Prevention Services Headquarters and Contact Info408 Quaker Rd
East Aurora, NY 14052