Stop Allied Interstate Collection Calls
Allied Interstate is a debt collector that creditors hire to collect funds owed by customers. Based upon the number of complaints filed against Allied in Court, it has frequently been sued for harassing consumers, contacting family members and employers, continuing to call having been told to cease and desist and for making threats, among other allegations. If you have experienced any of these or have received phone calls at home or work from Allied Interstate, you can contact us to get help immediately and without charge to you. Our legal services are free to our clients.
While not required to pursue an FDCPA claim, we recommend that clients keep detailed, written records of all communications when possible, including the originating phone number from Allied Interstate, time of day, what was said and name of the representative who called. Debt collection harassment is an injustice, but you can do something about it.
It is important that you know your rights under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act,(FDCPA).
A debt collector is not permitted to do the following:
- Call repeatedly or continuously
- Use obscene, profane, or abusive language
- Call before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm
- Call at times the collector knew or should know are inconvenient
- Collectors can’t threaten to sue or threaten action they cannot or will not take
About Allied Interstate
Allied has been charged by the Attorney General for:
- Harassing consumers for debts they are not responsible for.
- Repeatedly calling and hanging up when someone answered the phone
- Revealing alleged debts to third parties without permission to do so
- Threatening legal action the company which hired them was not authorized to take
- Using obscene or profane language
According to the Better Business Bureau, Allied Interstate has an F rating on a scale from A+ to F. Allied Interstate has failed to respond to numerous complaints received by the BBB from consumers and has failed to respond to the underlying causes that gave rise to those complaints, revealing what appears to be a pattern of issues at Allied Interstate.
According to the company website, Allied Interstate pledges to resolve issues fairly and with dignity, without harassment or abuse. From our experience with this company, however, Allied Interstate is far more likely to meet these lofty goals only after we have been retained as counsel to end the behavior and have it addressed under the
If you feel Allied Interstate has violated your rights in anyway, or if something does not seem right to you, don’t delay. It’s vital to get help immediately.